7/29/05

Warrior gone to rest...

Tonight around 8pm, San Antonio time, my uncle Billy went to be with our Heavenly Chief. His time on this world was a journey into life and service. The part of Uncle Billy that fascinates me is the committment he had to those of the First Nations. He took the message of God's truth to reservations in America's midwest. That was the most fruitful part of his life. When I shared with him that God has also opened doors for me to be in relationship with native ministries, his eyes teared up and he squinted so hard. I can just imagine that he remembered the lives that were impacted as he walked with them on their journey. He smiled and remarked, "That's Great!" We will miss Billy, but his body has gone into rest, and pain for him is no more. Rejoice in the hands of the Great Spirit.

No comments: