9/6/05

It's almost as if . . .

. . . God has a plan!
For weeks I have anticipated something impactful in my life to occur because that is the way that I know God does things.

I have been a Project Assistant for the Urban Youth Development Program of 4-H since Feb 2003. As my contract drew to a close Aug. 31, 2005 I was facing a time of decision. The only problem with that was deciding what to decide upon!! In my whole life, I have only sought employment on two occasions: 1) In 1973 I worked for Montgomery Wards for 3 months during the Christmas Rush assembling bicycles instead of flipping burgers for my parents in our family run Orange Julius. Not an easy job... I had to read the instructions! Then in the '80s I sought employment in San Antonio as a machinist after the oil crunch. Other than those times, work has always sought me out.

On September 1, I drove by the Somebody Cares office and saw the beehive of activity of volunteers in relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina Survivors. Opting to stay for a while, I left around 6 hours later. Sept 2 was another 14 hours, and with the opportunities to expand operations to the 'Pinemont Palace', Sept 3 was again a full Saturday of relief efforts. Yesterday's Labor Day holiday was another display of God's Sovereignty as we received and distributed gift cards, 1000 cots, clothes & water. Last night, God showed off with another miracle as he provided resources for another full day of card distribution. Regardless of the size of the organization, God has seen fit to provide the resources for recovery & relief to several thousand people in less than a week.

If you would donate, please make contributions online or mail to the Somebody Cares office. Info is available at http://www.somebodycares.org

... gonna take another short nap! God Bless You!

No comments: