10/16/08

Street crime takes my friend.

I received news this afternoon that my good friend, Kim Bui, passed away today after being shot in an attempted carjacking. Her husband was also wounded in the incident. The early story is on this Fox26 news story, and Kim has since died of her injuries.

Kim's testimony was always uplifting in the Harris County Agricultural Extension office (Better Living For Texans). Her son was also a valuable asset to the office of the Urban Youth Leadership Development. My heart is sad that a mother and wife's absence will bring grief to a family, but I know that her Joy is complete to now be in the presence of her Redeemer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

RMaxT said...

UPDATE: Nov. 13, 2008 the news reports said that Kim's (alleged) murderer was apprehended and incarcerated. I'll keep updating.

Miss you Ms. Bui!