10/17/04

Mom knew this was serious...

about 29 hours ago, Dad said the words that made Mom know this was serious... "Take me to Hospital!" Dad will not ever ask to go to hospital for casual needs. This had to be serious! Well, it's now diagnosed as gall stones. He's scheduled for surgery this morning sometime after 9am. The hope is for laser process which will only require 4 small stabs in the lower abdomen and some butterfly stitches to close it up. With God's favor, and no duties to serve our fellow man here at the hospital, Dad should be able to go home and rest in his recliner this evening!

Aunt Gussie just called at 7:30 and others have called through the night, including emails that I read this morning. Thank you for what you are doing in joining your faith with ours for believing in the hand of a Mighty God to work in my pop's life.

I love dad, and I appreciate my sister letting me ride along with her last night to come and relieve Mom and Jonathon's vigil.

Mac:iBook entry

No comments: