4/16/07

Winkie Update- Praise God!!!


On Apr 16, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Martin Dale wrote:

Praise  God!
 It seems the majority of the battle is finally over!

 The majority of his infection, it seems has been taken  care of, and he has come off of both the dialysis  machine and the ventilator.
 I think he's been taken off a few drips and his pain  medication has been lowered.
 He is talking now (albeit, with a bit of a raspy  voice), and is drinking (with some assistance) liquids.
 His abdomen has now been sown up, and his kidney  function continues to improve. His bowel is working  properly, now (it seems), and they plan to move him out  of ICU tomorrow! Praise God! Thank you for all your  prayers of faith for him!

 The only two health concerns, now are:
 1. The slit where he was opened for abdominal surgery  has been sown shut, but it (the actual line) is  infected (they are using a topical antiseptic cream).
 2. They did NOT resow his abdominal muscles back  together before sowing up his skin, so he will (I'm  told) need another surgery for that (further along down  the line). Dr. Han says he will be able to travel home  (with the aid of an abdominal bandage), but will need  to get the muscle layers they cut through sown back  together eventually.

 Mom and I are taking turns spending time with him, and  are able to speak with him and ask him questions. I  told him, "The world is waiting to hear from you. What  would you like to say to everybody?" He said, "I love  Jesus and I love my son." (Mom wasn't in the room at  the time) He looks well. I was able to feed him some  water and Barley tea (something the hospital provided).

 Dr. Han said that his recovery was, "miraculous"... I  can only smile.

 William Pratney.

 END.


No comments: