4/29/07

Consider the flowers of the field...



Uploaded by rmaxtorres.
I finally broke down and bought another lawn mower (feels like one each year!) so I could take the jungle growth down a notch or two. As I approached the outcropping of pink 'buttercups' growing near the house, I had an imaginary trip to what it must have been like on that afternoon when Jesus of Nazareth sat on a hillside with thousands. As he unveiled the loving care of a Gracious God, to the self-absorbed, and others in the massive crowd.

I couldn't bring myself to mow these amazing flowers. I know they will be gone in a few days, and the bees will have to go to other fields to collect pollen to meet the needs of their colony. But if God has taken such good care of them, I am reassured to remember that any seemingly insurmountable issue I may face is completely resolved in the capable hands of a Mighty God.


Matthew 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?



No comments: