1/7/08

Open Letter to my Co-Laborers: Brothers & Sisters in Christ

Well... 2008 is gonna be Great! ... coz it looks like many are going through some real crunch times... This is an open letter to all those who stop by this blog: http://rmaxtorres.com

----------------------------------------

I admire you guyz (also implies galz) for being willing to step up to so many responsibilities.

It's a little different from 30 years ago, there wasn't that many people who I could count on as fellow soldiers in the fight back then. It's important to me that you understand how intentionally I pray for you all, and your families. There are other urban youth workers that I speak with who are simultaneously going through similar struggles in the recent weeks. A significant number of them are in Houston, but there are others across the country. Please don't forget that our God is still on His throne and inclining His ear to hear His 'KIDS!'

I call you friends, but more importantly - I call you FAMILY. On the other side of this struggle is Strength and Peace. If it was easy, everyone else would be doing this. You're doing it because you are called. He who has called you has prepared you, protected you and will provide for you. I have learned by watching some Real Veteranos, like Rev. Severiano Menchaca, whose homegoing was December 21, 2007. His consistency, despite the adversity of being flooded and burned in different seasons of his life and ministry, was an example through his 99th year of life on this planet.

Know that you are not forgotten - EVER!! and if He cares for the flowers and the birds... He watches over you.

Amen y amen!

No comments: