2/3/08

His eye is on the sparrow...


... and I know He cares for me.
Beginning Tuesday (1/29/08), a series of events began that led to my Thursday time of reflection being focused on the "Trials of Job." I soliliquized the theology of 'trials' in our lives. God was preparing me for the news I received Friday morning (2/1/08).
My mother providentially stayed home from work that morning. My father had a stroke which left him unable to call for help. If my mother had gone to work as expected my trip to San Antonio Friday morning would have probably been under much different circumstances.
My loving Dad, provider-defender-teacher-inspiration, is now in Southeast Baptist Hospital in San Antonio. We await results from a second MRI and EEG which will better define the debilitating impact of that stroke. The current prognosis will have us moving to a Rehab Center on Monday where he will probably undergo a few months of readaptation to deal with the current paralysis in his right side and inability to speak.
But my father is alive, and God is still on the throne.
If your faith leads you, please join our family in believing God for my Dad's recovery. He has always been my mom's support through her numerous serious medical encounters over the last few decades. The 'super-man,' that has always left me marvelling at his incredible work ethic, will now need complete care for his every physical need. Mom is recovered from her flu symptoms, but will be unable to care for Dad's complete convalescence. We need wisdom about our upcoming decisions.
My heart was prepared as I put my trust in God's complete care on Thursday morning. On today, I rely on those who have encouraged us with prayer and expressions of confidence in a Loving Creator.
Selah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max, may GOD grant you your prayer and request during this time of trial.

"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10

Peace On You,
Gil

John Liotti said...

Max,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you, your dad and family. You guys have had some tough times over the past few years - I wish I could do more. I love you all - you're in my heart and prayers.

- John

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya Max. Let me know if you need any help (from a distance).

Your Bro, Chris.

Anonymous said...

This is the type of support my Pops needs! Solid Prayer! I feel and appreciate all the unity in purpose.
< PAX >< Max

Anonymous said...

Good luck and Godspeed to all...
I haveen't heard the sound of your Fat Boy in a few days....Wondering what happened, now I know....