1/1/04

Well, Happy New Year! Feliz Ano Nuevo! Did it just sneak in for you, or is it just me? I know with the years, time just blurs together... but I have noticed how 1992 & 3 have been popping up in my thoughts all day. That was some busy years, 10 years ago... What did I learn, do i wanna work hard, or smart? i guess economy of motion is important as time goes by. like the old David Carridine/Kung Fu program used to (slow mo) show as the bad guys would rush in pell-mell and get clotheslined by a serene, swooping arm that showed stability in a low stance and deliberate motion. God, help me to lower my center of gravity closer to the Rock, and choose my battlefields to be close to you... every day, all day!

I have been looking at the notes I wrote 10 to 15 years ago regarding the deliberate replication of ones vision and ethics. I hope I have done that to a certain level, but I would say that I missed it to a great degree. If you are reading this, you are welcome to opine regarding discipleship/mentoring, but I would say that one of the pitfalls to a large program is lack of direct time with only a select few [i.e. Jesus and 12 progeny]. Looking back at the experience of 26 years, with most of them in a direct instructional role, I would suggest choosing 5 to 10 clear objectives. Then train and assign a team of at least 2 to each task. [remember the principle of 2-deep leadership (ask about this if you're not sure)].

Well, Friday the 2nd will be a busy day in the life of 2004 in the City of Houston. Gonna go and support one of my friends, A.G., in his new role. I look at the opportunities that this new year will offer. Lord, give me wisdom and direction to step in those that are the appropriate ones.

... Glad to be alive!

No comments: