7/25/06

East Palo Alto City Council - Public Hearings


You have new Picture Mail!
Originally uploaded by rmaxt.
"Greetings Honorable Mayor, Esteemed City Council, and residents of Palo !!! Sorry! As you can tell I am a new resident of East Palo Alto..." With that, 8 days after I arrive at the city, I make my first venture into the public arena of the Bay Area! I was really nervous, and with the 24" tall red numbers counting down the 120 seconds that I had to speak on the Parcel Tax issue, I thought it would be plenty of time to get my 5 little points across. I ended mid-sentence when the musical tones of the 'get off the microphone' alarm sounded. Mayor Ruben Abrica looked tired, since he had been in council since 7pm, and I got to the mic at around 10:30pm. Please pray for this issue which could bring some funding to non-profit youth service agencies in the Fellowship of Faith network for gang prevention activities. I definitely feel I am in the right spot to be able to contribute what we have learned in Houston/Harris County.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get em Max!
My love and prayers are with you!
Matt