6/9/07

ICL Internship Training


Hello from East Palo Alto,
I wanted to give you a glimpse of where I will be for the next week in The 'Lord's Land' Retreat Center. It is off Highway 1 just a few miles south of Mendocino, CA. This area of the California Redwoods was a huge draw in the early 1960's when Jesus People were living together in communal settings much like the Early Church in the Book of Acts. The passing of this era left a peaceful retreat remotely placed on the Northern California coastline. There is little to no digital phone signal in that area, so my email/phone communication will be nil for the week. During this week we will be training the 2007 participants in the Internship for Christian Leaders (ICL) program sponsored at Bayshore Christian Ministries.



This is the 3rd year that I have provided this level of training for these interns, thanks to an invitation from my good friend John Liotti in 2004. Things have changed dramatically since that time, and I am anticipating a fruitful time of growth in all of our lives this week. I always learn something about myself during these training times.

Keep us in your prayers for safe travel to and from the Lord's Land.

PAX,
=max=

No comments: