6/13/08

The Most Expensive Rally I never went to --



ROT Rally 2008 - Austin, Texas

I rode in to Austin for a grand
 moment at the Republic of Texas Motorcycle rally. The view on Congress with several thousand scoots in front of the State Capitol was impressive. I don't think I would do the $60 ticket for access to the
 grounds, though. After a few hours of helmets and leathers, they all look the same anyway. I'll stick with the Lone Star at Galveston, thank you very much.  Although I did enjoy the ride out through those rolling hills.

I lost my rather essential (after 40) tri-focal, transition tint, glasses on the road when they flew out of my riding vest.  I walked that little 3/4 mile stretch of road for the next 3 hours but to no avail.  The gremlins will be able to ignite grass fires with those bad boys now!  It's all good though.  I have been thinking about getting contacts anyway so I can wear good ridin
g goggles and still be able to read my watch or dashboard without squinting.

After my futile search, I rolled South on I-35 to see my Pops for a very SPECIAL Father's Day.


No comments: