3/30/07

Local Live Houston Musicians



My friend Vic 'Nash'' Espinoza singing at Doneraki's at Gulfgate Mall (Houston)
My friend, Lourdes sings at the wonderful Isla Coqui, a Boricua restaurant in (1801 Durham & I-10) Houston. Make it one of your weekend dinner choices. Sings the 1st Fridays of each month. They actually brought out the bag of percussion instruments and started passing them out in the crowd on the last few songs.

I love the impact of 'live music' in any environment! The blended history of Latino music that I heard last night was so rich! Vic brought accordion sounds from the German Polka heritage that helped form part of the spectrum of Mexico's contributions. Lourdes crooned the timeless ballads of Puerto Rico's European history.

Just today I discussed that it is interesting how lyrics can dig into random parts of memory & psyche and connect the points in your personal story to cause you to connect with your soul. I realize the importance that Archangel Lucifer held in directing music in the Heavenlies. Critical in our lives is the need to see music redeemed! We polarize religion, society and other areas often based on musical preferences.

Tool for creative outlets? or Weapon for destructive criticism?
hmmm

No comments: