7/15/08

Gulp... Maybe Friday

The Majestic 100 year Anniversary Edition Fat Boy is looking lean and not so mean today.  The Limited Power Train warranty is covering the repair for the damaged bearings that were found in the case.  This balanced engine was sweet to ride and nice and quiet until the Father's Day weekend.  The metal-on-metal roar got definitely worse, and upon having the oil changed, the fine people at Mancuso Central dove into the bowels of my ailing 88 c.i.  One of the first comments was to 'please consider upgrading to a bigger bore engine upon completing the repair.'  I have been on pins and needles until today when I became aware that the 'Limited Power Train Warranty' covered 12 months or 12,000 miles.  Since they began to tear the motor apart, they had not been able to find the origin of metal shavings in the main case... until today.  It was definitely the bearings for those shafts that facilitate the fine balanced EVO88B.  THAT WAS COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY!  Otherwise I would have been responsible for the EXTENSIVE work being done.  

The next 48 hours will tell the tale of a successful rebuild to the status of a BigBoreBadBoy!  I will wind up with a lot less 'out-of-pocket' than normal, since they already have the case cracked open.  The pause is what is most disconcerting.  I have grown accustomed to spending much of my daily commute in the grip of the Houston Traffic and in the trust of my God - I miss that from my 2-wheeled view. 

So, I wait - maybe, Friday. 

1 comment:

John Liotti said...

wow - thank God for the warrenty...